Whew, that review of Boxers and Saints yesterday took a lot out of me, and preempted some news that would have been timely yesterday. Let’s get all caught up, shall we?
- We warned you close to two weeks ago that open submissions for Smut Peddler 2014 would be starting soon, and start they have. Should you be in possession of lady-bits, or able to partner up with somebody else with lady-bits, you could draw some quality all-genders-friendly erotica and get published with the likes of Trudy Cooper¹, Danielle Corsetto² and her internet husband “Uncle” Randy Milholland, Jess Fink³, and a murderer’s row of sexy, sexy talent. Get on that, okay?
- Congratulations to all the Harvey Award winners, particularly to Battlepug’s Mike Norton for Best Online Comics Work, and to Ryan North who along with Shelli Paroline and Braden Lamb won Best Original Graphic Publication for Younger Readers also for Adventure Time; Ryan also won the the Special Award for Humor in Comics for Adventure Time all solo-style.
- Speaking of Ryan North: Romeo and/or Juliet, y’all.
- Happy stripiversaries to Paul Taylor for twelve years of Wapsi Square (yesterday) and David Willis for sixteen years of the Walkyverse (today). They’ve come a long way.
- Zach Weiner, you should learn French as quickly as possible, as a defense mechanism. For those that don’t read French and wonder why a crying Boulet would constitute danger, just keep scrolling down.
- A book! From one of my favorite webcomickers! And apparently I have a blurb on the back! Also she doesn’t do direct linking to her news items so you’ll have to read it here quickly before it disappears!
¹ As far as I’m concerned, Ms Cooper is the sine qua non of sexy, sexy cartoons.
² If you’re here because you googled “Miss Danielle”, close this page and forget you saw anything, okay?
³ Whatever cranks are left unturned in my vicinity by Ms Cooper are heartily handled by Ms Fink.