With the tax permit thing behind us, anticipation for the MoCCA Art Fest is beginning to take on serious momentum. Although we don’t have a floor map of exhibitors (and to be fair, not every convention does that), we do have a list of webcomickers who now know their table assignments and have shared them with us below the cut. We will update the list as we hear from more creators.
Update to add: new info!
Speaking of MoCCA, Neil Swaab will be premiering his new Rehabilitating Mr Wiggles book (that would be #3) at the show; after the weekend, it will be available via Amazon and some comics stores in New York and California, starting on 1 July. If you want it before then, your only real option is to buy directly from Swaab’s store or come see him in person this weekend.
Finally, don’t forget to Drink and Draw Like a Lady, if you are a) a lady, who likes to b) drink and c) draw. Dudes, you will have to find a way to contain their disappointment at not being ladies once again.
MoCCA ’09 Table Assignments — these are all self-reported by the exhibitors, based on what the organizers have told them. I imagine the info is pretty solid at this point, but naturally there may last-minute adjustments. Check the guide they give you at the door, and wander ’til you find your favorites.
- Lucy Knisley: table 335
- Box Brown (whose Love Is A Peculiar Type of Thing should hit comics shops tomorrow): table 401
- NERD comics featuring The Glass Urchin, Sex, Drugs & June Cleaver, and Onezumi (and, if he makes it to the show, this is where you’d likely find Rosscott of The System): table 410
I realize that’s table 401 listed twice. I just reports ‘em, folks.
- Kitty Hawk (featuring Braden Lamb and Vincent LaBate, the guy who probably folded that t-shirt you ordered): table 434
- Cat Garza, hanging with his buddies from Trees & Hills Comics Group: table 501
- Comics Bakery, when they aren’t at their roundtable panel Saturday noonish: table 513
- Dumbrella: tables 523, 524, and 525
- Kate Beaton, Randall Munroe, David Malki ! (aka People please keep the aisle clear you’re forming a fire hazard): tables 529 and 530 (Note to self: bring singles)
- Becky Dreistadt and Frank Gibson of Tiny Kitten Teeth: table 602
- Hope Larson: table 603
- No definite table number yet, but John Keogh, S Dave Shabet, and Spike will be table-buddies
- And no response from any of the Dayfree Press types yet, but if they’re any reason in the world they’ll be in that gap between Dumbrella and Beaton/Munroe/Malki !
Yep, the world is reasonable: 526, 527, and 528; the 520s will be CROWD CENTRAL