We are heading towards the first pie-centered coma of the holiday season¹ and between the actual holiday, travel, and a day off to celebrate Rosenbergmas² on Friday, I’m giving you a bunch of stuff now and won’t guarantee any more posts before Monday.
- Rutabaga volume 2 by Eric Colossal is now up for pre-order.
- Make That Thing’s latest Kickstarter campaign is to make a plush of the bunny from Sarah’s Scribbles, by Sarah Andersen.
- Speaking of Kickstarts, Rich Stevens is the most laconic guy I know, and if a rousing game of Secret Hitler got his heart rate up, then it’s probably a lot of fun.
- Some day, I will be able to give Chris Onstad money in exchange for a second volume of the Achewood cookbook. In the meantime, the Achewood shop returns for all your clothing, artwork, drinkware, mousepad, and iPhone case needs. You an also get totes to put your other Achewood stuff in.
- Zach Weinersmith has done like a half-dozen iterations of the Bad Ad-Hoc Hypothesis seminar, but hasn’t yet received enough proposals for the two-night run scheduled for London in January. Submissions have been extended by a week to get more papers in.
- Lawyer to the self-employed creator community Katie Lane has some thoughts about what makes a good contract. Hint: It’s complicated.
- Devastator and Heidi MacDonald’s The Beat are teaming up again to determine what comics shows actually make money for exhibitors. The past year’s responses have resulted in rather nice data set, so fill out their survey if you want to see this sort of thing continue.
Spam of the day:
See what secret gift did you got
Oh very nice, fake Victoria’s Secret you get a free gift spam — you put up a link that reads Report Spam in your email that goes to exactly the same address as the attempt to get me to click on whatever crapware you’re trying to install on my computer. That’s pure bloody evil.
¹ Yes, yes, I know that Our Friends To The North celebrated Thanksgiving six weeks ago, but we all know when Thanksgiving really happens.
² In addition to the usual disclaimer that Jon Rosenberg owns my actual soul, one must make an annual notification that he and I share a birthday, along with at a Song Dynasty Emperor, the guy who invented the proper temperature scale, the founder of Panasonic, a puppet wrangler, a martyr to democracy, a martial arts master, a guitar master, an Oscar-winning director, an actor mostly known by one of his character’s names, a Science Guy, a goddamn genius taken from us too soon, fuck cancer, the voice of Brak, at least four rap artists, another actor mostly known by one of his character’s names, two porn stars, and Kim Pine.
I guess people just like screwin’ in early February.