Assuming this posts when it’s supposed to, I’m on my way to San Diego, and the yes-there-are-still-a-few-comics-there convention therein. Since I haven’t hit dirt in sunny California yet, I’m not 100% certain what’s going to catch my eye, but consider the following a primer, if you will, of things available in Webcomics Land, which will be purchased by me and probably should be by you.
- First priority: Octopus Pie: There Are No Stars in Brooklyn; inexplicably, I failed to pre-order this, so my first task will be to remedy that error.
- Chainsawsuit 3 and F-Chords; yes, and double yes.
- Drive — A Hero Rises; I’ve been digging Dave Kellett’s Saturday-only sci-fi comedy, and can’t wait to get my hands on this first collection.
- Flight 7; like there was any question.
- Overcompensating — A Dangerous Obsession; been waiting years for this.
- New Super Stupor! Yessssss.
- Templar book 4; a printer’s screwup prevented these from being at MoCCA this year.
- Penny Arcade book 6; when the hell did that come out oh man I am slipping.
- Oh, and there’s an obscure little indy book called Scott Pilgrim’s Finest Hour, perhaps you’ve heard of it? On that note, what the hell, nearest large bookstore to my house which is a Barnes and Noble? Amazon or Borders would have delivered that book to me today (although not before I got on the plane), and you aren’t getting it in until August 3rd? The used bookstore around the corner from my house will have it by then. Hell, there’s a chance that Borders at EWR had it, and I’m reading it right now instead of in fourteen days.
- On the already got it list: The Infinite Pendergast Cycle, Tiggerbuttah, and pretty much the entire back catalogs of Sheldon, Evil, Inc., PvP, Girl Genius, Shortpacked!, Wondermark and I think I might have a problem you guys.
There’s likely lots of others that I’ll be picking up and I just don’t know it yet — various creators have mentioned “con exclusives” and “special surprises”, and so far I’m only committed to books. There will surely be cool toys from Andy Bell, and Scott Kurtz has one too, and there may be the opportunity to pre-order books that are forthcoming, and there are all sorts of things that I’m certainly forgetting right now. So if I overlooked you, mea culpa, and now’s your chance to sell me something.